"To engage, enlighten and inspire human potential and create positive organizational change through world class resources and unparalleled service."
- BigSpeak Mission Statement
BigSpeak is an engaging place to expand your career. The work environment is fast-paced, challenging, and fun. We are looking only for the highest performers.
BigSpeak Marketing Manager
BigSpeak Speakers Bureau serves the global business community with expert speakers focused on personal, team and organizational improvement. Over the past 20 years, we have partnered with over 65% of the Fortune 1000 to create impactful programs that deliver meaningful change and measurable ROI .Our team prides ourselves on the highest level of client satisfaction in our industry, on our highly motivated team and on our culture of wellbeing with very low turnover. BigSpeak is growing and we are continually adding amazing people to our dynamic team. If you're the type of person who is struck by creative ideas in the middle of the night and can't wait to act on them, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the company's SVP, the Marketing Manager wears many hats and is a multi-tasker who enjoys executing frequently. You will be creating unique ideas, plus be responsible for overall planning and execution of marketing activities at BigSpeak, including brand positioning, email campaigns, market segmentation, SEO, lead generation and marketing budget. This role requires a self-starter "wordsmith" with incredible writing capabilities who is fast, proficient, creative, and who pays excellent attention to detail. The successful candidate for this position will enjoy true and complete ownership of marketing program implementation in a fast-paced environment.
Characteristics of a Marketing Manager at BigSpeak are:
- Highly organized, creative and the ability to work at a fast pace
- Take charge attitude: Initiates work and projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit, initiative and solid follow-through
- Thrives under pressure, iterates quickly and meets important deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to differentiate between important and urgent
- Not afraid to approach marketing in a way where you break the rules and redefine the medium.
Responsibilities and Key Areas of Focus:
- Create and execute overall marketing strategy and messaging platform, including bigspeak.com, branding, social media, SEO, advertising, newsletter, targeted email campaigns, website design and content creation
- Work closely with Leadership and Solutions team to effectively build and deploy marketing programs that focus on top-of-the-funnel lead generation and capture
- Create and implement targeted marketing campaigns to existing major clients and industries.
- Ensure consistent positioning and messaging across marketing and sales activities
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies, including press releases, case studies, content aggregation and domination of blog space
- Perform competitive analysis of industry and competitors
- Develop, monitor and exceed campaign performance metrics and KPIs.
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, or communication. MBA with marketing concentration is desirable
- 3-5+ years in a Marketing Manager role
- Experience as a technical writer, journalist, freelancer, or a copywriter in a business setting
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation systems such as Marketo, MailChimp, Swiftpage, ACT, SalesForce or Eloqua
- Demonstrated ability to create programs that result in lead generation (inbound and outbound) to support growth objectives
- Proven ability to convert strategies into operational plans and manage plans to successful resolution
- Ability to manage a small team of specialized vendors towards reaching targeted goals for SEO, PPC, creative content and design.
Please submit 2-3 writing samples with your résumé.
- One sample should be somewhat technical in nature (ex: drawing an insight from a data, a report or explaining a complicated process)
- One sample should be a favorite piece by the candidate, covering a topic you are passionate about
- A sample related to the one of the following fields: business/finance, health, or technology.
Please also include a document with links to web/social marketing activities you have designed and implemented.
BigSpeak is a great place to work and we are looking only for the highest performers with positive attitudes always coming from a place of "Service" to our clients and teammates.
Salary + Benefits: DOE. BigSpeak offers generous compensation, benefits, perquisites and quarterly MBO discretionary bonuses.
Please email your resume, cover letter, writing samples and references to:
Corporate Sales Agent/Consultant
Are you a motivated, self-starter who enjoys wearing many hats, thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a keen eye on the cultural zeitgeist and is hungry to take the business world by storm?
BigSpeak, a Santa Barbara-based speakers bureau representing the world's top motivational speakers, business gurus, authors, entertainers and icons, is expanding and currently seeking a seasoned professional candidate who would like to take his/her drive to succeed to the next level and apply it to a lucrative business career as an Agent/Consultant to book speakers, thought leaders and subject matter experts into corporate conferences, conventions, retreats and events worldwide.
This is a fabulous opportunity to start as a Sales Agent & Consultant. BigSpeak provides a dynamic environment with unlimited potential to succeed as you interact with our world-class talent and experts while bringing them to both existing and new accounts for keynote speaking engagements and corporate training programs.
Acting as an Agent/Consultant for business thought leaders, renowned authors and Hollywood celebrities on the lecture circuit as well as an educational consultant to corporate learning and development programs can be exciting and glamorous (think Entourage, only with less Ari, more gold and no drama) but it is also primarily a consultative sales position, and you will spend a majority of your time on the phone advising clients, cultivating relationships and closing deals. Proactive outreach in addition to occasional leads, and previous clients and prospects are provided.
Selling to corporations, including Fortune 1000 companies, trade associations and town halls, our agent/consultants are also responsible for overseeing all aspects of events, from contract to itinerary to payment. This is a base salary plus commission position and/or higher all commission compensation opportunity with very high earning potential.
- Minimum of three years industry sales experience
- Professional phone presence and comfort making cold calls is expected
- Experience servicing events and customers
- An abiding passion for business, personal and professional development, and current events
- Proficient and fast typer
- Diplomacy and grace under pressure
- Extremely detail oriented and big picture focused
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM programs
Preferred additional assets:
- Business consulting background
- Some experience in Entertainment, PR or media
- Knowledge of business thought leaders
- Experience working with event managers or planning corporate training or events
If interested, please contact:
Sales Associate (Santa Barbara)
BigSpeak is a world-class Speaker's Bureau serving Fortune 1000 clients with excellence for nearly 20 years. We pride ourselves on our high level of client satisfaction, our participation in organizational transformation, our highly motivated team and our corporate culture that promotes wellbeing with very low turnover. BigSpeak has been growing rapidly and we are continually adding more amazing people to our dynamic team.
The Sales Associate provides vital support to the Sales Agents, Event Manager and Finance by engaging our CRM data base, drafting contracts, answering phones, emailing clients etc. Associates team up with our Agents, Event Manager and Finance Manager to serve our speakers, and Fortune 1000 clients assuring amazing and transformational speaking, coaching and consulting events around the world. This role requires an extreme attention to detail and a combination of proactive work with the ability to quickly react to unplanned circumstances with the occasional after hours emergency. This role also demands flexibility, patience and knowing the difference between "urgent" and "important." Above all, our staff makes everyone look like heroes and never loses their composure with any client or resource. The position has opportunity for someone to entire a full time Sales Agent after two years.
The duties and responsibilities of our Sales Associate are:
- Highly organized and accurate with numbers, spelling, grammar and details
- Detail oriented, efficient multi-tasker
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Sunny disposition and team player
- Knowledgeable of business thought leaders and celebrities
- Take charge attitude: Initiates work and projects on own
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously/ Flexibility
- Excellent command of English language, written and verbal
- Thrives under pressure
- Uses time management system
- Willing to work extra hours if necessary
- Prepare client and speaker contracts on behalf of Account Executive and Finance Manager.
- Prepare client firm offer and engagement prep on behalf of the Account Executive.
- Effectively use Microsoft Office and CRM (ACT or SalesForce) software to enter sales, client and speaker information for accurate tracking, reporting and follow-up.
- Check availability of speakers and maintain internal speaker schedules by creating/releasing hold status as needed.
- Perform talent research outside of our existing database.
- Coordinate speaker bios, headshots and materials for each booking (event).
- Populate PPQ (Pre Program Questionnaire) for each event and place in appropriate client folder for Event Coordinator.
- Reaffirm client expectations upon close of sale, send supporting documents.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with a business or social science degree preferred
- Recent Graduate and/or 3+ years of Event or Sales Assistant experience
- Effective organizational and time management skills (time management system)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and accurate with numbers, spelling, grammar and details
- Team player with ability to work and adapt at a fast pace with sunny disposition
- Knowledgeable on Fortune 1000 companies, business leaders and celebrities
- Willing to work extra hours when necessary
- BigSpeak is a great place to work and we are looking only for the highest performers.
If interested, please contact: