BigSpeak, a Santa Barbara- based Speaker’s Bureau represents the world’s top business gurus, motivational speakers, authors, entertainers and icons. For over 20 years we have prided ourselves on our high level of client satisfaction, participation in organizational transformation, our highly motivated team and corporate culture that promotes wellbeing with very low turnover (read Glassdoor reviews here). We are looking for a passionate and driven individual who can aid in the efforts of our entire sales department and operations team.
The Sales & Business Associate will provide initial support for Sales Agents, our Senior Vice President and Vice President, and will evolve into a more proactive role within the organization. The position demands flexibility, patience, and a prioritizing of tasks classified in terms of urgency or importance, while also helping to generate and reactivate old and new business prospects. This is a fabulous opportunity to start as an associate and potentially grown into a career Agent/Consultant who facilitates the booking of speakers, thought leaders and subject matter experts into corporate conferences, conventions, retreats, and events worldwide.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a business or social science degree preferred
- Recent Graduate and/or 3+ years of Events or Sales Assistant experience
- Effective organizational and time management skills (time management system)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to work and adapt at a fast pace
- Highly organized and accurate with numbers, spelling, grammar and details
- Detail oriented, efficient multi-tasker
- Take charge attitude: Initiates work and projects. Thrives under pressure
- Excellent command of English language, written and verbal
- Knowledgeable on Fortune 1000 companies, business leaders and celebrities
- Experience working in a start-up or a rapidly changing environment is a plus
Please email your resume, cover letter, writing samples and references.
The duties and responsibilities of our Sales & Business Associate are:
- Communicate with Sales Agents, and Operations Team
- Manage and Answer active phones
- Prepare Client Firm Offer and Engagement Prep forms on behalf of the SVP & VP
- Effectively use Microsoft Office, and CRM (ACT or SalesForce) software to enter sales, client and speaker information for accurate tracking, reporting and follow-up
- Check availability of speakers and creating/releasing hold status as needed
- Perform talent research outside of our existing database
- Reaffirm client expectations and send supporting documents on booked events
- Mastering our CRM database
- Drafting contracts
- Emailing & calling clients, and other general duties.
- Warm and cold calling prospects and list building via Google Searches and LinkedIn
- Convert calls/ contacts to appointments/ opportunities
- Accurately record calls made and appointments set in the database
- Cultivate prospects through regular follow up and contacts
- Engage speakers for referrals, international travel schedules and other activities