Are you a numbers wizard who enjoys wearing many hats, thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a keen eye for details and is looking for an environment where you can work with supportive and like-minded colleagues? If so, read on.
BigSpeak, a Santa Barbara-based speakers bureau representing the world’s top motivational speakers, business gurus, authors, entertainers and icons is expanding and currently seeking an outgoing and organized individual to join our team. You will work closely with our sales agents, clients and our world-renowned professional speakers. We have doubled in size over the last 3 years and are on target to double again by 2021 so if you are looking to grow your career consider joining us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accounts receivable files
- Process credit card payments
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, including printing new invoices and sorting and scanning incoming checks
- Filing of various accounting records.
- Investigate and solve customer inquiries
- Assist with month end and year end closing
- Collect data and prepare monthly metrics
- Accounts payable
- Collection and allocation of payments
- Bank deposits
- Monthly Bank account reconciliation
- Financial statements and Reports
- Tracking CA franchise for speakers
- Administration of vendor forms and miscellaneous office needs
Please email your resume, cover letter, writing samples and references.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or comparable work experience
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office programs
- Familiarity with Quick Book’s software and Act database
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Effective with time management and prioritization
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work within deadlines
- Effective communication skills via face-to-face, email and phone
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Candidate must be eligible for work in United States
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Qualified candidates will possess utmost discretion, judgment and professionalism.
- Experience with event or event or travel management a plus
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- 100% healthcare and LTD coverage
- 401K Match and Profit Sharing
- Employee Learning and Wellness Funds
- Office stocked with healthy snacks, games and goodies
- Time to recharge with Vacation and Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays and flexible Friday afternoons
This is a fabulous opportunity to start with BigSpeak. We provide a dynamic environment with unlimited potential to succeed as you interact with our world-class clients, talent and internal team. If you are steady under pressure, have an eye details and ready for a hyper growth company, BigSpeak is a great team to join.
BigSpeak, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.