Are you a motivated, self-starter who enjoys wearing many hats, thrives in a fast-paced environment, has a keen eye on the cultural zeitgeist and is hungry to take the business world by storm?
BigSpeak, a Santa Barbara-based speakers bureau representing the world’s top motivational speakers, business gurus, authors, entertainers and icons, is expanding and currently seeking a seasoned professional candidate who would like to take his/her drive to succeed to the next level and apply it to a lucrative business career as a Strategic Account Advisor to book speakers, thought leaders and subject matter experts into corporate conferences, conventions, retreats and events worldwide.
This is a fabulous opportunity to start as a Strategic Account Advisor. BigSpeak provides a dynamic environment with unlimited potential to succeed as you interact with our world-class talent and experts while bringing them to both existing and new accounts for keynote speaking engagements and corporate training programs (read Glassdoor reviews here).
Acting as a Strategic Account Advisor for business thought leaders, renowned authors and Hollywood celebrities on the lecture circuit as well as an educational consultant to corporate learning and development programs can be exciting and glamorous (think Entourage, only with less Ari, more gold and no drama) but it is also primarily a consultative sales position, and you will spend a majority of your time on the phone advising clients, cultivating relationships and closing deals. Proactive outreach in addition to occasional leads, and previous clients and prospects are provided.
Please email your resume, cover letter, writing samples and references.
Selling to corporations, including Fortune 1000 companies, trade associations and town halls, our Strategic Account Advisors are also responsible for overseeing all aspects of events, from contract to itinerary to payment. This is a base salary plus commission position and/or higher all commission compensation opportunity with very high earning potential.
- Minimum of three years industry sales experience
- Professional phone presence and comfort making cold calls is expected
- Experience servicing events and customers
- An abiding passion for business, personal and professional development, and current events
- Proficient and fast typer
- Diplomacy and grace under pressure
- Extremely detail oriented and big picture focused
- Use of a CRM
Preferred additional assets:
- Fluent with GSuite and Salesforce programs
- Business consulting background
- Some experience in Entertainment, PR or media
- Knowledge of business thought leaders
- Experience working with event managers or planning corporate training or events