BigSpeak is a full-spectrum speakers’ bureau that works with a wide variety of organizations including corporations, associations, and universities, to serve the needs of event and meeting planners as well as corporate training and education professionals. Our consultants are here to assist you throughout the process of planning and producing your event, and to secure the talent you need to ensure the most dynamic presentations, whether a motivational speaker, keynote speaker, business speaker, celebrity speaker, trainer or executive consultant.
BigSpeak respects and protects the privacy of our users. To fulfill this policy, BigSpeak will exercise reasonable and appropriate precautions to maintain the confidentiality of information provided by you in connection with accessing and using this website (the “Site”). BigSpeak also agrees to post prominently and in plain language its specific privacy policies. BigSpeak does not intentionally collect personal information about individuals except as set out below. BigSpeak will not sell, rent or trade personal information about our users to any third party.
- Collection of Information
- Information provided by you. BigSpeak collects information you provide us, including account and profile information, contact information, your communications, your purchase information, including payment processing information, such as your method of payment (which may include credit card numbers or check numbers, amount and routing information), and venue and travel information.
- Information collected when you visit our site. BigSpeak collects information about your use of our Site, including your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect information regarding the device you use to access our Site, including type of device, browser platform, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, requested and referring URLs, and the content with which you may interact on third-party sites. (note to Ken – do we record calls in any way?)
- Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, telephone, or our Site), we store copies of your communications, subject to obtaining your consent or providing you notice, pursuant to applicable law.
- Other categories of Data we collect are:
- Special purpose/use surveys, usually to monitor client feedback.
- Responses to special promotions to our existing clients or special landing pages for unique event sign-ups.
- Information from third parties, including LinkedIn and other social media platforms, publicly available information, or information from other related users, partners (who are our partners? Payment processing companies?) and other third-party websites.
- Any user-submitted content, including contact information, event information or other associated data. (note to Ken – this seems redundant with above?)
- Use of Information
BigSpeak uses the information we collect to provide information regarding speakers and to support and personalize our Site and to communicate with you regarding our platform/site. This includes the following:
- To provide information regarding speakers and to respond to requests to provide information about speakers;
- To assist you to select a speaker for an event;
- To improve our Site’s performance/functionality, including providing and improving customer service and support, to back-up our systems and to improve and maintain the security of our site/platform;
- To evaluate the use of our Site and to ensure we are offering the best range of speakers to the users of our Site;
- To personalize your experience;
- To communicate with you as described in our agreements with you;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of our Site and to ensure legal compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- To monitor compliance with our agreements with you and to comply with legal obligations, such as prosecuting or defending a lawsuit, arbitration or other legal proceeding; or to respond to lawful requests made by public authorities, such as national security or subpoena requests.
- To perform research and analysis for BigSpeak’s business purposes;
- If you agree to participate, to administer surveys or promotions;
- To stay in touch with you and provide you updates on industries, topics or other information you have indicated is relevant to you.
We may use your communications generally to improve our services. We may use your cookie information, log-in information, device information or IP address to identify you and to help us personalize your experience on our Site. If you purchase speaker services through our Site, we will store that information and make it available to you so that you may use this information when making any additional purchases of speaker services (e.g., we will provide you information about past speakers to aid you in selecting future speakers).
Any additional use of your information outside of what is described here will be disclosed to you in advance of any such use to obtain your agreement to such use.
- Who has access to your information?
BigSpeak does not rent or sell your personal contact information to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. BigSpeak may share information in the following ways:
- BigSpeak’s employees who need access to your information to process your speaker requests or suggest additional speaker services that may be of interest to you. This includes
- BigSpeak’s marketing manager and marketing associates, who will have access to information regarding your use of our Site, including information automatically collected as a result of you using our Site or information provided by you on our Site;
- Big Speak’s finance department, who will have access to any financial information you provide so that your payments can be processed;
- BigSpeak’s manager or associates in the contract department to ensure that you receive the services for which you contracted;
- BigSpeak’s sales department, who will have information regarding your use of the Site and purchase information so that they can alert you to additional services in which you might have an interest;
- BigSpeak may disclose personal information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) the rights of BigSpeak or to anyone that could be harmed by such activities;
- When BigSpeak believes in good faith that the law requires it;
- To BigSpeak’s parent company or to any third party who may acquire BigSpeak (in which case, we will notify you of the acquisition and obtain your permission or provide you the option to be removed from our database);
- BigSpeak may disclose personal information in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person.
BigSpeak may communicate with you regarding your account if you have created an account on one of our systems, payment processing if you have purchased speaker services, to convey changes to our privacy policies or to convey information regarding enhancements to our privacy policies, or regarding your interactions with the content on our Site. BigSpeak may contact you to ask for feedback regarding your interaction with
- Account Termination and Data Retention
We create an account on our event portal after you have completed a booking with us. That account contains information regarding your organization name, your name, a secure link, log-in and password, and payment information. We keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill your speaker request and maintain an archive of the event, unless the law requires us to retain your personal information for a longer period of time. After your speaker event, we keep account information, including your name, organization and the identity of any speakers you have used so that we can provide your organization with its speaker history upon request. This information is kept for three years. Upon your request, we will delete your account history at any time prior to the three year period.
Reasons we might keep your information beyond fulfilling your speaker request include for quality assurance purposes or to defend against potential future legal claims.
BigSpeak’s Site contains links to other sites, including sites of many of our speakers, publishers, blogs, news aggregators and vendors where books by our speakers can be purchased. BigSpeak is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on any of these other web sites, including any sites that may indicate a special relationship or “partnership” with BigSpeak. BigSpeak does not disclose unique identifiers to those responsible for the linked sites. The linked sites, however, may collect personal information from you when you link to their site. This collecting of information is not subject to the control of BigSpeak.
To ensure the protection of your privacy, always review the privacy policies of the sites you visit by linking from this Site.
- International Transfers of Personal Information
BigSpeak is an international organization, with speakers originating from a variety of countries. In order to fulfill your speaker request, your personal information will be transferred to and processed on data servers in the United States. Data protection laws vary among different countries, and different countries may provide varying levels of protection for your personal data. If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA) and we transfer your personal information to countries outside the EEA, BigSpeak will take appropriate steps to ensure your personal information is protected as outlined in this policy. If you are located in the EEA, BigSpeak complies with all legal requirements for the transfer of personal information to countries outside of the EEA.
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (European Economic Area)
If you are from the EEA, BigSpeak collects and uses your information for a variety of legitimate business purposes. These purposes include entering into and performing a contract with you, with your consent, or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Your Data Protection Rights (European Economic Area)
In the EEA, you may have certain rights related to your personal information. As a data subject, your rights include the right to:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request, or request the export of your data;
- require BigSpeak to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require BigSpeak to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where BigSpeak is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask BigSpeak to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organization’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with the applicable data protection laws. BigSpeak may ask you to verify your identity in order to process your request.
If you believe that BigSpeak has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the applicable data protection authorities. Please see https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29
- Contact Us
- Intellectual Property Limitation of Liability
BigSpeak respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask visitors to the Site to do the same. If you believe that your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) must be provided to a designated Copyright Agent of BigSpeak, Inc.:
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of where the material that you claim to be infringing is located on the Site;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the disputed material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Similarly, if you believe that any of your trademarks or service marks have been infringed, please notify BigSpeak.
Thank you for allowing BigSpeak, Inc. the opportunity to be of service.