With working-from-home schedules increasing by 25-30% by the end of 2021, our ability to master visual virtual storytelling is essential to connecting with peers, customers, and potential customers online. In this interactive session, Matthew Luhn, writer, director, and former 20 year Pixar story artist, will share his 5 techniques on how to harness the power of visual storytelling to amplify your story and likability.
Visual storytelling compels us to engage in experiences, learn lessons, and define our values and ourselves within our organization. Research shows:
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster than words alone,
- While people only remember 20% of what they read, they remember 80% of what they see
- 90% of all information transmitted to our brains is visual. 93% of all human communication is visual
- Ads in color are read up to 40% more often than the same ads in black and white
- 84.7% of consumers cite colors as the primary reason they buy a particular product
- Research reveals people make a subconscious judgment about an environment, product, or person within 90 seconds of initial viewing
- 52% of shoppers did not return to a story due to overall aesthetics
- Using colors effectively, they can improve: comprehension by 73%, learning by 55-68% and reading by 40%
With 80% of our human experience filtered through our eyes, visual cues are vital to successfully getting a message across. From entertainment to business, visuals not only sell a product or service, but they also sell an experience around you and your story.
Each color has its own message and meaning, the more you learn about this critical design element, the more you will be able to leverage its powerful effects.
For example, once the consumer has overcome the issue of affordability, the visual appeal of an item is a major influence on a consumer’s buying decision. Learn about this and many more examples of how to use Virtual Visual Storytelling and the use of colors with your marketing and sales communications.