Working Remote Without Going Stir-Crazy: How to Stay Happy, Connected and Productive
Working remotely is now the new normal for many people. Yet many of us struggle with how to manage this new type of work-life integration. As a result, it’s important to quickly learn some natural tools we all have so we can work productively remotely and at home, even with ...
Working remotely is now the new normal for many people. Yet many of us struggle with how to manage this new type of work-life integration. As a result, it’s important to quickly learn some natural tools we all have so we can work productively remotely and at home, even with kids, partners and roommates possibly around. The goal is to prevent ourselves from feeling isolated and emotionally cut off from others, and stay connected and collaborative with our teams and colleagues. The good news is that many of us can work remotely using the latest online technology without a huge learning curve. However, technology alone is not enough — it’s even more important to create human connection and practice self-care to stay happy, healthy and productive. In this session, Amy Vetter will discuss how to mindfully use technology to authentically connect with others, provide easy-to-use practices on staying productive when working at home, and teach proven techniques for decreasing stress and cultivating a sense of gratitude even in tumultuous times.
In this session, you will:
- Explore how to manage this new norm of complete work-life integration to take time for self-care and human connection;
- Learn how to use the most common technology available to be productive while creating greater collaboration with your teams, employees, and colleagues;
- Discover the power of incorporating a gratitude and mindfulness practice into your day to create inner calm and fulfillment that positively impacts others;
- Practice ways to reduce stress and gain clarity by incorporating the 3 Ms — meditation, mantras and mindfulness — into your day; and,
- Learn a few simple yoga poses and breathing exercises to manage your energy levels throughout the day.