Chris Yeh’s Key Accomplishments Include . . .
Chris Yeh is a respected Silicon Valley entrepreneur, investor, mentor, and writer. He is a co-author with LinkedIn founder/chairman Reid Hoffman and bestselling author Ben Casnocha of the New York Times bestselling book The Alliance: Managing Talent in the Networked Age, which sprang from their article in Harvard Business Review entitled Tours of Duty: The New Employer-Employee Compact. He has been blogging since 2001, both on his personal blogs and as a guest author in outlets like TechCrunch, Mashable, and VentureBeat, and has written over 2,000 posts on topics ranging from the psychology of entrepreneurship to achieving happiness in Silicon Valley.
In addition to his writing, Chris has founded, funded, or advised over 50 startups, including Ustream, the world’s leading live video platform. Chris earned two Bachelor’s degrees with distinction from Stanford University (Product Design Engineering and Creative Writing) and an MBA from Harvard Business School, where he was named a Baker Scholar.
A Word from LinkedIn
“Chris did a phenomenal job of combining both an entertaining, high-energy presentation with leading a highly interactive and customized discussion of key talent management issues, pull of specific advice, and real-world examples. He even stayed after his presentation to have lunch with the attendees and continue the conversation. Our customers raved about the content and Chris’ engaging style. We’ve already booked him for several more key customer meetings in the coming months.”
-Alex Cresswell, LinkedIn Head of Global Accounts, EMEA
More About Speaker, Chris Yeh . . .
- He was born and grew up in Santa Monica, California.
- He attended the Mirman School for Gifted Children, where he was a friend and classmate of Masi Oka from NBC’s “Heroes” and CBS’s “Hawaii Five-O”.
- He attended Santa Monica High School, where he was classmates with a nondescript fellow named Carson Daly.
- He graduated Class of 1994 from Stanford University, where he was classmates with entrepreneurs such as PayPal and Yammer co-founder David O. Sacks, WhatsApp co-founder Brian Acton, and MSNBC host Rachel Maddow.
- He worked for D. E. Shaw & Co., where he sat in the cubicle next to best-selling science fiction novelist Naomi Novik.
He was profiled as one of the Top 5 Web 2.0 pioneers under the age of 40 by TheDeal.com