Erik Qualman in Brief
Erik Qualman is a top technology speaker, bestselling author, Pulitzer Prize nominee, one of the top-50 professors in the world, as well as a social media and technology expert. Currently, he works as an MBA Professor at the Hult International Business School and is founder and owner of socialnomics.com, which PCMagazine ranked as a Top 10 Social Media Blog. His book What Happens in Vegas Stays on YouTube, was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, and his book Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business, is a bestseller.
What Erik's Clients Are Saying
For social media savvy audiences:
• Erik annually produces the most watched video about social media – here is the latest Social Media Revolution 2015: http://bit.ly/socialnomics-2015
• It’s important for Erik and Beachbody to know the ends/outs of online video since 2/3 of all mobile consumption will be video in 2018
• Facebook Live, Periscope, Snapchat MyStories are pushing the boundaries on what video means – since Erik owns an animation studio he needs to keep abreast of these changes
• Erik is the founder and owner of socialnomics.com which has hand-selected 100 columnists that discuss the latest trends in social
• Forbes has listed him as a Top 100 Digital Thought Leader
• (Equalman Studios) he needs to be abreast of the changes
• Erik’s breakthrough book Socialnomics: How Social Media Changes the Way We Live & Do Business has generated over $3.1 million in book sales across 8 languages
• Erik’s new book out later this summer is around Social Selling
• Erik is a practitioner and while most audiences prefer motivational and higher level soundbites Erik is happy to dive into the “nitty gritty”
Erik Qualman’s Key Accomplishments Include . . .
#1 Bestselling Author and Motivational Speaker Erik Qualman has performed in 49 countries and reached 25 million people this decade. His Socialnomics work has been on 60 Minutes to the Wall Street Journal and used by the National Guard to NASA. His book Digital Leader propelled him to be voted the 2nd Most Likeable Author in the World behind Harry Potter’s J.K. Rowling. What Happens in Vegas Stays on YouTube was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize and his books are used in over 200 of the world’s top universities.
His latest book, How to Sell on LinkedIn is becoming mandatory reading for sales teams. Qualman was formerly a sitting professor at Harvard & MIT’s edX labs.
He has spoken in 44 countries and his top three topics are: Digital Leadership, Digital Reputation & Ratings, and Disruptive Innovation. His partners include Starbucks, Raytheon, Chase, Sony, National Guard, IBM, Airgas, Disney and over 200 Universities. He has been nominated for the Pulitzer Prize and voted the 2nd Most Likeable Author in the World behind Harry Potter’s J.K. Rowling. Qualman is a sitting professor at Harvard & MIT’s edX labs.
Qualman’s live performances are unique in that he is a pioneer in video-storytelling.
More About Speaker Erik Qualman:
Qualman is a MBA Professor at the Hult International Business School. For the past 18 years Qualman has helped grow the digital capabilities of many companies including Cadillac, EarthLink, EF Education, Yahoo, Travelzoo and AT&T. He is the founder and owner of socialnomics.com, which PCMagazine ranks as a Top 10 Social Media Blog. He sits on the Boards of Manumatix, Bazaarvoice Inc., and WannaBeeSocial. Qualman holds a BA from Michigan State University and an MBA from The University of Texas.
In 2011 Qualman was honored as the Michigan State Alum of the Year and in 2012 he was selected as one of the Top50 Professors in the world. He was Academic All-Big Ten in basketball at Michigan State University and still finds time to follow his beloved Spartans while living in Boston with his wife and two daughters.