About Speaker Jason Hwang…
Jason Hwang, M.D., M.B.A. is an internal medicine physician who is co-founder and chief medical officer of Icebreaker Health (Lemonaid Health), a California-based health care startup that is transforming primary care by delivering services via smartphone app. As a speaker, he blends his medical experience, business education, and technological advances, showcasing the exciting range of innovation occurring in the health care industry today along with a sneak peak of what will be possible tomorrow.
Dr. Hwang previously co-founded and was the Executive Director of Healthcare at Innosight Institute (now renamed the Clayton Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation), a non-profit social innovation think tank that is driving the reinvention of the health care industry, making it more accessible and user-friendly. Dr. Hwang coauthored The Innovator’s Prescription: A Disruptive Solution for Healthcare with Professor Clayton M. Christensen of Harvard Business School and the late Jerome H. Grossman of Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
More About Jason Hwang…
Dr. Jason Hwang shares his groundbreaking research into disruptive innovation, which has transformed many industries and can do the same for health care. He describes how new medical technologies have fueled the transition from intuitive to precision medicine, allowing previously complex disorders to be diagnosed precisely and treated with predictably effective therapies.
When these innovations are integrated into new business systems, they will spearhead vital reforms in the healthcare industry, offering solutions to the core problems currently crippling the nation′s healthcare system: skyrocketing costs and the lack of access to quality medical care.
The basic elements of Dr. Hwang′s presentations cover:
- Description of disruptive innovation and applying the lessons of innovation from other industries to health care
- The role of precision (aka “personalized”) medicine as the technological enabler of disruption in health care
- Business model innovation: the different types of business models and how they apply to health care
- Analysis of the unsustainable business model of today′s hospital and what can be done
- Analysis of the business model of the physician′s practice and the rise of retail clinics
- Establishing a new value network in health care to disrupt the existing one, and who can lead the charge