Josh Linkner in Brief
Josh Linkner – who started his career as a jazz guitarist – personifies innovation, entrepreneurship, and breakthrough disruption. He has been the founder and CEO of five tech companies, which sold for a combined value of over $200 million.
Why Josh Linkner?
- Relatable– With 20+ years as an active CEO, he’s a proven business leader with deep real-world experience.
- Engaging– Josh’s talks are interactive, fast-moving, and entertaining.
- Unique Perspective– As a four-time tech entrepreneur, professional-level jazz musician, venture capitalist, and rebuilder of his hometown of Detroit, Josh brings a fresh and compelling perspective.
- Real Takeaway Value– Your audience will leave with meaningful tools, frameworks, and techniques that can be immediately applied to real-world challenges.
- High Energy / Inspiring– Josh’s enthusiasm consistently inspires audiences. Guests will depart fired up, energized, and ready to reach new heights.
- Visually Stunning– Audiences are dazzled with high-resolution photography, energizing HD video clips, memorable props, and gorgeous visual transitions.
- Captivating Stories– Concepts are delivered through rich story telling — not boring professorial directives.
- Zero Drama– No outrageous demands. No diva-like requests. Instead, Josh is professional, accommodating, and easy to work with at every step.
- Custom– Josh takes the time to learn about your organization, audience, and key objectives.
- High Impact– Josh will make every minute count. He will do whatever it takes to ensure your event is a roaring success.
Josh is a New York Times Bestselling author, and an internationally recognized expert on innovation and applied creativity. His first book, Disciplined Dreaming: A Proven System to Drive Breakthrough Creativity (2011), become one of the most definitive works on the topic of innovation, and has since been published in 13 languages. His other two books, The Road to Reinvention: How to Drive Disruption and Accelerate Transformation (2014), and Hacking Innovation: The New Growth Model from the Sinister World of Hackers (2017), have both received critical acclaim and have pushed the boundaries of business leaders worldwide.
Josh is also the Founding Partner of Detroit Venture Partners, investing in and/or mentoring over 100 startups. Today he serves as Chairman and co-founder of Platypus Labs, an innovation research, enablement and consulting firm.
Josh has twice been named the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year and is a President Barack Obama Champion of Change award recipient. He is a regular columnist for Forbes, The Detroit Free Press, and Inc. His work on innovation has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, CNN, and The New York Times.
He is the father of four, a passionate Detroiter, and yes, he still plays a mean jazz guitar.