Libby Gill knows change. She grew up on two continents and went to eight different schools before putting herself through college waiting tables. She started her first job in entertainment only to go through three mergers in five years, where she went from assistant in a small production company to vice president of publicity, advertising and promotion for Sony’s worldwide television group.
After heading communications at media giants Universal, Sony and Turner Broadcasting, Libby left the corporate world after nearly twenty years to become an entrepreneur. In her mid-forties when many people are slowing down, Libby founded Libby Gill & Company, an executive coaching and leadership consulting firm based in Los Angeles.
Why Libby Gill
- Libby’s energy and intelligence will immediately engage your participants, especially as the opening keynote for your event. As a former communications leader at Sony, Universal, and Turner Broadcasting, she has the credibility and business acumen – and a bit of Hollywood sizzle – to set an exciting tone for any conference.
- With her dynamic personal style and deep insights into leadership, Libby inspires purpose and drives action in your organization. Your event participants take away a proven process to “clarify their vision, simplify their path, and execute their plan for success”.
- Libby is an expert at getting individuals and organizations unstuck and out of their old mindsets and habits with an emphasis on personal responsibility. She ends her presentations with a rousing call-to- action that gets everyone engaged, accountable and ready to take bold risks.
Libby now guides clients – including Avery Dennison, CA Technologies, Cisco, Comcast, Deloitte, Disney, Eli Lilly, First American Insurance, Honda, Intel, Kellogg’s, Microsoft, Oracle, PayPal, Royal Caribbean, Speedo, Sutter Health, Viacom, Warner Bros., and Wells Fargo – to lead their teams through change, challenge, and chaos.
Contrary to conventional wisdom, Libby shows high-performing individuals and organizations why hope IS a strategy – if you have the right mindset, methodology and expertise. She shares the science-based concepts of hope theory to provide the structured business discipline and competitive advantage you need in today’s swiftly changing world. In her executive coaching, leadership consulting, and keynote presentations, Libby guides you to:
- Reframe change as your biggest growth opportunity
- Re-energize your best performers to reach their potential
- Re-invent your company culture to embrace ambiguity
As Libby was reinventing her professional life, her personal life also underwent a major transition. She chronicled her journey of overcoming the self-perceived limitations left behind by a family legacy of alcoholism, divorce, mental illness and suicide in her bestselling book TRAVELING HOPEFULLY: How to Lose Your Family Baggage and Jumpstart Your Life.
Business leaders including Zappos.com CEO Tony Hsieh and Dr. Ken Blanchard have endorsed Libby’s award-winning book, YOU UNSTUCK: Mastering the New Rules of Risk-taking in Work and Life. Her latest book, Hope IS a Strategy: Leading through Change, Challenge, and Chaos, will be published in Spring 2018.
A frequent media guest, Libby has shared her success strategies on CNN, NPR, the Today Show, and in BusinessWeek, Time, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and more. A former columnist for the Dallas Morning News, Libby lives in Los Angeles and is the proud mother of two fabulous millennials, one in graduate school and one in college.