About Speaker Lucy Bloom…
Lucy is an award-winning leader and speaker. She’s a change maker, exceptional communicator and business fixer with the best mohawk in the business. Lucy led an advertising agency for 20 years before she became the CEO of a brand new women’s health organisation, funding a network of hospitals in Ethiopia. She then went on to transform a Cambodian children’s charity as its first CEO. She is the creator of the world’s first childbirth education program for men run in local pubs all over Australia and she’s the first and only Aussie named in the world top 30 #socialceos. Lucy’s top-selling memoir, Get the Girls Out, was published by HarperCollins in 2019 to rave reviews. You will find her challenging and entertaining in equal measure, with humour tied into a powerful business message. Lucy Bloom is a rule breaker, idea maker and momentum creator.
Lucy has an impressive track record in communicating tricky subjects for mass appeal, strategic financial management, governance and policy as well as building and developing high-performance teams.
- Lucy Bloom is the first and only Australian to be listed in the world’s top 30 #socialceos
- She was a founding director and CEO of Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (Australia), going from volunteer to CEO in eight years
- Her knack for social media and the clever use of technology brought a niche charity in Australia a monthly post reach of more than 20M. Her social media clients report instant results. Even Facebook HQ has called on her expertise.
- Lucy Bloom is a branding expert and acomplished art director
- She is a recipient of a Kindness Award from the Wake Up Project
- Lucy is the winner of the 2015 Women’s Agenda Emerging Leader in the not-for-profit Sector Award
- She was a finalist in the Agenda Setter category of the 2016 Women’s Agenda Leadership Awards
- Lucy has been nominated many times and named a finalist twice in the Telstra Business Woman of the Year Awards
- Lucy Bloom is the creator of the world’s first childbirth education program written specifically for men, which is run in pubs all over Australia. She is the author of the best selling book which accompanies the program, Cheers to Childbirth.
- She is often called on to provide comment in the mainstream media on a wide range of subjects such as gender equality, social media, leadership and international aid.
- Lucy Bloom is a mother of three and travels from Sydney, Australia.