About Speaker Natalie Nixon…
Dr. Natalie Nixon is a keynote speaker, consultant, and a strategy, foresight and innovation expert. As president and founder of Figure 8 Thinking, LLC., she advises leaders on unique approaches for process transformation and leveraging creativity as an innovation resource to more rapidly achieve priority business goals. Natalie does this by applying her background in cultural anthropology, fashion, and service design.
The focus in her work is two-fold:
- Innovation — Creating unique customer-centric approaches for process improvement & transformation.
- Change Management — Designing the optimal ways to implement and sustain the innovation.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Change Management
- Leadership Development
- Foresight and Strategy
- Applied Creativity
Author: the editor of Strategic Design Thinking: Innovation in Products, Services, Experiences and Beyond. She is also a regular contributor to INC.com on creativity and design thinking, and ATD on leadership.
- Lecturer at the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellow at the Paris d.School
- Senior Advisor at Econsult Solutions.
- Global speaker, represented by the BigSpeak speakers bureau.
- Conversational Portuguese and Spanish.
She serves on the boards of the Alumni Association of Vassar College, the Philadelphia Art Commission and Leadership+Design.
- AB (Honors: Cum Laude) from Vassar College with a double major in Anthropology & Africana Studies;
- MS in Global Textile Marketing from Jefferson University (USA), Shenkar College (Israel) & Reutlingen University (Germany);
- PhD in Design Management from the University of Westminster, London.