Vishen is one of today’s most influential minds in the fields of personal growth and human consciousness. He is the founder of Mindvalley, the world’s leading online personal growth education company, and behind several top-ranking health and wellness apps. He is also a New York Times bestselling author with several more books on the way. With an incredible passion and drive to unite humanity and challenge the status quo, he has built a movement of growth-seekers, spanning across 100 countries, engaging more than 10 million followers on social media, and nearly half-a-million students online each year.
Vishen grew up in Malaysia surrounded by diversity and describes his childhood schooling experience as “forgettable”. As a young adult, he envisioned going to school in the United States, and so he applied and was accepted into the University of Michigan’s highly touted Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) program. Despite being among the top five ECE programs in the U.S., Vishen barely graduated because he didn’t click with the formal concept of education. These experiences ignited a passion within to evolve the education system. After creating Mindvalley, Vishen launched Mindvalley University, a yearly rotating school centered on holistic growth, and he built Mindvalley’s learning platform called “Quest”, which shows 5x higher completion rates than the average online course.
In 2016, Vishen penned his New York Times bestseller, The Code of the Extraordinary Mind, which challenges you to reject the inherited Bullshit Rules (Brules) that hold you back. In 2017, it hit the coveted #1 spot on Amazon five times and twice he became the No. 2 author in the world on Amazon Kindle, overtaking JK Rowling and Stephen King. His book has since been translated into 20+ languages which led to winning many awards and being featured on several magazine covers in Malaysia.
Vishen believes in work-life integration, which is reflective in the company culture he created at Mindvalley. In fact, the company was recognized as one of the top 10 coolest offices in the world by Inc. Magazine and Vishen regularly contributes to media sites like Forbes and Thrive. He is a passionate health and education activist (read his exposé on Nestle in Malaysia, shared over 20 million times). He is a member of the Transformational Leadership Council.
As a father of two, Vishen hopes for his children to grow up in a borderless and awakened world with extraordinary education options. His goal? For Mindvalley to reach 100 national schooling systems and every company in the Fortune 500 over the next decade.
Questions? Contact Us Any Time:
Mindvalley is an award-winning leader in personal growth education with a mission to teach wisdom and transformational ideas that our education system ignores. We are creating a more conscious and connected world by teaching people how to become the greatest version of themselves while doing good for the planet. Mindvalley’s learning platform, called ‘Quest’, introduces a new way of learning that creates 5x better results in human transformation by combining leading technology with great storytelling, brilliant teachers, learning theory and community interaction.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- 12 million+ people watch and learn through Mindvalley’s global media channels
- Half-a-million people enroll in Mindvalley Quests (30-day online programs) with completion rates that are 5x the industry average
- One million people (including celebrities and pro athletes) practice Vishen’s “6 Phase Meditation” program which combines spirituality with science
- Mindvalley spans across 100 countries and is available in six languages (English, Italian, Russian, Spanish, French and Portuguese; German and Chinese coming in 2020)
- Mindvalley has grown 500% between 2016-2019
- In 2019, Mindvalley was named one of the 10 coolest offices in the world by Inc. Magazine.
- Mindvalley employs 300 people from 54 countries who speak a combined 30 languages
- Some of Mindvalley’s top Quest programs include Uncompromised Life, Super Brain, Chakra Healing, Duality, Energy Medicine, Speak & Inspire and Unlocking Transcendence.