Workarounds That Work: How to Transform Anything That Stands in Your Way at Work
In today’s global economy, virtually every business organization must continually strive to produce more with fewer resources. That means everyone from the individual contributor up through supervisory and managerial ranks needs to perform at a ...
In today’s global economy, virtually every business organization must continually strive to produce more with fewer resources. That means everyone from the individual contributor up through supervisory and managerial ranks needs to perform at a higher level than yesterday.
The volume of work is exploding, often moving faster than our systems and processes are equipped to handle. When that happens, people struggle to keep up. People who struggle often resort to complaining about the status quo, or worse yet, simply disengaging.
While none of us have the time or patience to endure the chronic complainer, we do have the opportunity to turn the complainer into a key contributor. But how do you turn the complainer around without delving into the “fuzzy” side of human behavior?
This session will educate, motivate and inspire everyone on your team to take new action to build a culture of contribution. A hidden benefit of this interactive session is the ability to turn customer complaints into customer contributions, to turn unhappy customers into raving fans.
Transformation Keys covered include:
1. The Four Step Process to Organization Transformation.
2. Building a Culture of Contribution: Control, Influence, Respond.
3. Transforming Misaligned Leadership and Competing Silos.
4. How You Frame the Problem is the Problem.
5. Response-Ability: the Key to an Accountable Workforces.
6. Overcoming Resistance, Criticism and Negativity.
Key Learning Points
• How to inspire and motivate individuals to take greater control, influence and accountability.
• The secret to uncovering the hidden contribution in every complaint.
• Three strategies for improving your ability to respond to any change, threat or opportunity.
• The five proven steps to move from business as usual to accelerating measurable performance.
• Transforming complaints into contributions: creating positive morale, empowered staff and a fully engaged workforce.
• How to move from complain and blame to a culture of accountability and responsibility.