Peter Guber’s Key Accomplishments Include . . .
Peter Guber is Chairman and CEO of Mandalay Entertainment Group. Prior to Mandalay, Guber was Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment, Chairman and CEO of Polygram Entertainment, Co- Founder of Casablanca Record & Filmworks and President of Columbia Pictures. Guber produced or executive produced (personally or through his companies) films that garnered five Best Picture Academy Award nominations (winning for Rain Man) and box office hits that include The Color Purple, Midnight Express, Batman, Flashdance, The Kids Are All Right and Soul Surfer.
- Personal films garnering more than 50 Academy Award nominations, winning Best Picture for Rain Man
- Owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Golden State Warriors, LAFC (MLS), and Team Liquid (esports)
- Board Member and Strategic Chairman of NextVR
Real Estate / Finance / Retail
- Building two stadiums in Los Angeles and San Francisco simultaneously demonstrating a full understanding of the value of premium real estate
Education / Publications / Author
- UC Regent and Professor at UCLA for almost 40 years
- #1 NYT Bestselling Author; Cover article for The Harvard Business Review, “The Four Truths of the Storyteller;” Harvard Case Study: “Peter Guber: The ‘Me’ vs. ‘We’ Brand”
- Chairman and CEO of numerous multi-national corporations spanning various industries
Mandalay’s most recent theatrical release, The Birth of a Nation, premiered at the 2016 Sundance Film Festival and swept the two top prizes – the U.S. Dramatic Audience Award and the prestigious U.S. Dramatic Jury Award.
Peter Guber is Operating Owner and Co-Managing Partner of the Golden State Warriors (2015 and 2017 NBA Champions), an Owner of the three-time National League West Champion, Los Angeles Dodgers, and an Owner and Executive Chairman of Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC). He is Owner and Chairman of Dick Clark Productions a leading independent producer of television programming including such perennial hits as the American Music Awards, Golden Globe Awards, and So You Think You Can Dance. He is Chairman of Mandalay Sports Media and Chairman of the Strategic Advisory Board and an investor of NextVR. Peter Guber is Owner and Co-Executive Chairman, with Ted Leonsis and Jeff Vinik, of the new esports ownership group, aXiomatic, which purchased the controlling interest in Team Liquid, one of the most successful global esports franchises. Peter Guber is also a member of the University of California Board of Regents and has been a full-time professor at UCLA for the past 40 years.
Peter Guber is a noted author with works including Shootout: Surviving Fame and (Mis)Fortune in Hollywood, which became a 7-year television series on AMC which he hosted. He wrote the cover article for the Harvard Business Review titled, The Four Truths of the Storyteller. His most recent business book, Tell To Win – Connect, Persuade, and Triumph with the Hidden Power of Story, became an instant #1 New York Times bestseller.