Peter Guber, In Brief:
Peter Guber is Chairman and CEO of Mandalay Entertainment Group. Prior to Mandalay, Guber was Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment, Chairman and CEO of Polygram Entertainment, Owner and Co-Founder of Casablanca Record & Filmworks and President of Columbia Pictures. Guber produced or executive produced (personally or through his companies) films that garnered five Best Picture Academy Award nominations (winning for Rain Man) and box office hits that include The Color Purple, Midnight Express, Batman, Flashdance, The Kids Are All Right and Soul Surfer.
- Personal films garnering more than 50 Academy Award nominations, winning Best Picture for Rain Man
- Owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Golden State Warriors, LAFC (MLS), and Team Liquid (esports)
- Co-Executive Chairman of aXiomatic, an esports and gaming company
Real Estate / Finance / Retail
- Building two stadiums in Los Angeles and San Francisco simultaneously demonstrating a full understanding of the value of premium real estate
Education / Publications / Author
- UC Regent and Professor at UCLA for almost 40 years
- #1 NYT Bestselling Author; Cover article for The Harvard Business Review, “The Four Truths of the Storyteller;” Harvard Case Study: “Peter Guber: The ‘Me’ vs. ‘We’ Brand”
- Chairman and CEO of numerous multi-national corporations spanning various industries
Peter Guber is operating Owner of the 2015, 2017 and 2018 NBA Champion Golden State Warriors, an Owner of the five-time National League West Champion, Los Angeles Dodgers, and an Owner and Executive Chairman of Major League Soccer’s Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC). Peter Guber is Co-Executive Chairman of aXiomatic, a broad-based esports and gaming company which owns Team Liquid, a premier esports team. Peter Guber is a Regent of the University of California and has been a professor at UCLA for 40 years.
Peter Guber is a noted author with works including Shootout: Surviving Fame and (Mis)Fortune in Hollywood, which became a 7-year television series on AMC which he hosted. He wrote the cover article for the Harvard Business Review titled, The Four Truths of the Storyteller. His most recent business book, Tell To Win – Connect, Persuade, and Triumph with the Hidden Power of Story, became an instant #1 New York Times bestseller.